A wake up call for Sumatran rhino conservation
Conservation director at WWF Indonesia
The death of Sudan, the last male northern white rhino, was devastating news. The white rhino that died in Kenya in March was among one of the most endangered species on earth; the population is extinct in the wild and now only two females are left in captivity.
Its wild population declined dramatically in the last century due to extensive poaching in Central Africa. Sudan&rsq...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Anger at Singapore ads offering Indonesian maids for sale
- ‘I’m just ordinary man now’: Setya collects debts from friends to pay restitutio...
- Car hits pedestrians outside UK mosque in suspected hate crime
- BTS to appear on ‘America’s Got Talent’
- Indonesia exports religious take on family planning
- Woodward's Trump book sells 1.1 million in first week
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Sri Lanka train kills mother elephant, two calves
- Makassar mother named child abuse suspect
- Instant Noodle Longform