Good times, uncertain times: A time to prepare
Luis E. Breuer
Mission chief for Indonesia, International Monetary Fund
As we note in our recently released Regional Economic Outlook (REO), the Asia-Pacific region remains the main engine of the global economy, and near-term prospects have improved since our last report, in October 2017.
But there are many risks on the horizon, including a tightening of global financial conditions, a shift toward protectionist policies and an increase in geopolit...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Jokowi defends his infrastructure program
- Madonna celebrates turning 60 in Marrakech
- What’s in store for final installment of BTS ‘Love Yourself’ saga
- Women accused of assassinating Kim Jong Nam face key court ruling
- 'Monster Hunter' on hold as China hits pause on new video games
- Coal production at 37.11 percent of full-year target
- Indonesian academics can now access e-journal databases worth $1m for free
- Remote China glacial lake bursts, no casualties
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Indonesia considers reducing imports of 500 consumer goods