Good times, uncertain times: A time to prepare
Luis E. Breuer
Mission chief for Indonesia, International Monetary Fund
As we note in our recently released Regional Economic Outlook (REO), the Asia-Pacific region remains the main engine of the global economy, and near-term prospects have improved since our last report, in October 2017.
But there are many risks on the horizon, including a tightening of global financial conditions, a shift toward protectionist policies and an increase in geopolit...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- 53 injured as Saudi jet makes emergency landing
- Minibus driver used Facebook before deadly crash: reports
- Fuel consumption in Papua drops ahead of Idul Fitri
- Police find 'missing' teen's body at South Jakarta apartment
- FamilyMart to allow Airbnb users to pick up keys at its stores
- Commentary: Soeharto's most likely successor? How about Prabowo?
- 'Solo' director says new 'Star Wars' film puts character first
- Unattended suitcase causes security alert in Batam
- Florida cities are most at risk from climate change: Report
- Police probe Jakarta officials on fatal Monas incident