Good times, uncertain times: A time to prepare
Luis E. Breuer
Mission chief for Indonesia, International Monetary Fund
As we note in our recently released Regional Economic Outlook (REO), the Asia-Pacific region remains the main engine of the global economy, and near-term prospects have improved since our last report, in October 2017.
But there are many risks on the horizon, including a tightening of global financial conditions, a shift toward protectionist policies and an increase in geopolit...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Japan to offer e-visa to tourists starting April 2020
- IMF chief postpones Middle East trip with Saudi stop
- For the sake of integrity
- Movie star Chow Yun-fat to give entire fortune to charity
- Fan Bingbing spotted for first time in months, outside Beijing airport
- Indonesia’s competitiveness improves, but still well below Singapore, Malaysia
- Lippo Group executive arrested in Meikarta bribery case
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- A year of Anies Baswedan
- Indonesia warns against Australia’s possible embassy move to Jerusalem