Harmonizing tax and 'zakat'
Vice president, Syariah & MSME Academy head at CIMB Niaga
Islam is a comprehensive way of life. It is a set of religious beliefs and a way of worship, it is a vast and integrated system of laws, it is a culture and civilization, it is a code for social and family conduct and, finally, it governs economic and commercial norms. Islamic economics is based on moral values and it is analytically less rigorous.
One aspect of adopting the I...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- US man charged with killing pregnant wife and two toddlers
- US threatens more Turkey sanctions if pastor not freed
- Jokowi defends his infrastructure program
- President, first lady celebrate Sumatran culture on Independence Day
- Canadian killed, American wounded in Mexico shooting
- Pilgrims descend on Mecca for 'smart haj'
- Chinese plane slides off Manila airport runway in heavy rain
- Yazidi 'ex-sex slave' trapped both in Iraq and in German exile
- Madonna celebrates turning 60 in Marrakech
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world