Idul Fitri is about virtue of mercy, compassion
Azis Anwar Fachrudin
Holds an MA degree from the Center for Religious and Cross-Cultural Studies (CRCS) of Gadjah Mada University
Idul Fitri is the biggest annual celebration that drives the largest movement of people in Indonesia. Preceded by mudik, an exodus in the last week of Ramadhan, Idul Fitri prayers and sermons will have the largest number of attendees, much bigger than the weekly Friday prayers.
There will be many halal bihalal (Idul Fitri gatherings), a phrase derived from Arabi...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Google Search introduces new feature to reduce clicks
- Shots fired at US embassy in Ankara, no casualties
- Pontianak urges school closure for smog
- Asian Games: Poor ticket handling after spectacular opening
- BREAKING: Another 7-magnitude quake hits Lombok
- Asian Games: Flags rise again for swimming medalists after Sun's demand
- Trump lashes out at Russia probe as 'McCarthyism'
- Model claiming Trump secrets pleads not guilty in Thailand case
- Asian Games: We need more experience, says Indonesia wrestling team after failur...
- Four Japan athletes booted from Asian Games in prostitute scandal