Bolstering manufacturing exports to cut inequality
Harry Aginta and Debby A. Soraya
Since the beginning of 2018, the rupiah has weakened against the United States dollar to as low as Rp 14,200. Even though the currency recovered slightly after Bank Indonesia’s preemptive move to raise its policy rate by 50 basis points to 4.75 percent last month, the rupiah remains under pressure.
There are at least two fundamental factors influencing the movement of the rupi...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Jokowi’s surprise for Korea
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Palm oil waste-fueled generators produce electricity in Kutai
- Semen Indonesia acquires Holcim Indonesia
- Merpati escapes bankruptcy, but no guarantee it will fly again
- Bank Indonesia hikes rate to 6 percent
- Next US House foreign affairs chief vows to check Trump, warns Russia
- Prabowo plans Singapore-like taxes for Indonesia
- Teenagers boil sanitary pads to get high
- Lion Air passengers change planes because of broken AC