Bolstering manufacturing exports to cut inequality
Harry Aginta and Debby A. Soraya
Since the beginning of 2018, the rupiah has weakened against the United States dollar to as low as Rp 14,200. Even though the currency recovered slightly after Bank Indonesia’s preemptive move to raise its policy rate by 50 basis points to 4.75 percent last month, the rupiah remains under pressure.
There are at least two fundamental factors influencing the movement of the rupi...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Anger at Singapore ads offering Indonesian maids for sale
- ‘I’m just ordinary man now’: Setya collects debts from friends to pay restitutio...
- Car hits pedestrians outside UK mosque in suspected hate crime
- BTS to appear on ‘America’s Got Talent’
- Indonesia exports religious take on family planning
- Woodward's Trump book sells 1.1 million in first week
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Instant Noodle Longform
- Balinale set to return with award-winning movies, guests
- Sri Lanka train kills mother elephant, two calves