Problem of dualism: Graft vs public finances
Corruption is a major challenge for Indonesia in realizing its objective of creating a just and prosperous society. It undermines the capacity of the country to implement development programs, reduces public trust in the state and is the reason for ineffective implementation of government programs.
Corruption also affects the quality of policies issued by the government, which...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Own up to mass Muslim detentions, Amnesty tells China
- Warding off Lembu Sora’s curse at Mt. Kelud crater
- Indonesian teenager survives 49 days adrift in Guam waters
- Mount Anak Krakatau erupts, ‘caution’ status maintained
- India launches 'Modicare', world's biggest health scheme
- Insight: New development pathway for Indonesia
- One year on, far right has transformed German politics
- China's bullet trains are coming for Hong Kong's airlines
- Militants attack Iran army parade killing civilians: state media
- Attempt to send underage prostitutes to Bali ends at airport: Police