How Singapore summit impacts Southeast Asia
Aloysius Selwas Taborat and Danurdoro KM Parnohadiningrat
The recent United States–North Korea summit has certainly been an epochal event, as it offers a glimmer of hope of triggering peace dividends on the Korean Peninsula.
While the Singapore summit on June 12 between leaders Donald Trump and Kim Jong-un is instrumental to security in the East Asia Pacific, Southeast Asia faces its own security challenge and agenda. That is the ful...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Student allegedly paralyzed after being told to do 120 jump squats as punishment
- Obama dancing in Kenya sends world aflutter
- Too ugly, too smelly: Jakarta covers up ‘Black River’ for Asian Games
- Russian tourist allegedly gang-raped in India
- China seizes 156 mammoth tusks in huge ivory haul
- S.Korean court hands former president Park another 8 years in jail
- 'Mass casualty incident' after Missouri tourist boat capsizes
- Former Hong Kong leader jailed again for misconduct
- Jambi girl imprisoned for abortion after being raped by brother
- Who is TGB, Jokowi’s strongest ally against sectarianism?