How Singapore summit impacts Southeast Asia
Aloysius Selwas Taborat and Danurdoro KM Parnohadiningrat
The recent United States–North Korea summit has certainly been an epochal event, as it offers a glimmer of hope of triggering peace dividends on the Korean Peninsula.
While the Singapore summit on June 12 between leaders Donald Trump and Kim Jong-un is instrumental to security in the East Asia Pacific, Southeast Asia faces its own security challenge and agenda. That is the ful...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Indonesia must improve its e-government
- ‘I’m just ordinary man now’: Setya collects debts from friends to pay restitutio...
- Three elephants in Jambi relocated to prevent inbreeding
- Economic nationalism is back in Indonesia as election approaches
- Sri Lanka train kills mother elephant, two calves
- BTS cancels collaboration with Yasushi Akimoto
- Dalai Lama: I knew of sex abuse by Buddhist teachers since 1990s
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- 'Kinky Boots' encourages Chinese drag queens to 'be themselves'
- Trump hits China with tariffs on another $200b in goods