How Singapore summit impacts Southeast Asia
Aloysius Selwas Taborat and Danurdoro KM Parnohadiningrat
The recent United States–North Korea summit has certainly been an epochal event, as it offers a glimmer of hope of triggering peace dividends on the Korean Peninsula.
While the Singapore summit on June 12 between leaders Donald Trump and Kim Jong-un is instrumental to security in the East Asia Pacific, Southeast Asia faces its own security challenge and agenda. That is the ful...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- UGM considers expelling alleged sexual abuser amid public pressure
- Jokowi ratifies seven trade agreements
- Lion Air: a deadly crash and a whole lot of questions for Boeing
- Trump fires senior advisor at start of expected White House reshuffle
- Prabowo plans Singapore-like taxes for Indonesia
- Merpati escapes bankruptcy, but no guarantee it will fly again
- ASEAN’s priority: China
- 21 companies to relocate factories from Karawang over high wages
- Teenagers boil sanitary pads to get high