Asian Games pride, virginity testing shame
Author of Julia's Jihad
Wow, like most Indonesians, I was bursting with pride over the Asian Games in Jakarta and Palembang, South Sumatra!
What’s not to be euphorically proud of? It wasn’t just the 31 gold medals, or coming fourth after China, Japan and South Korea. It was also the magical, mesmerizing, fun-fantasia extravaganza of the opening and closing ceremonies, the super-cool Jame...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Jokowi’s surprise for Korea
- UGM considers expelling alleged sexual abuser amid public pressure
- Merpati escapes bankruptcy, but no guarantee it will fly again
- Prabowo plans Singapore-like taxes for Indonesia
- Lion Air: a deadly crash and a whole lot of questions for Boeing
- Jokowi ratifies seven trade agreements
- Teenagers boil sanitary pads to get high
- Trump fires senior advisor at start of expected White House reshuffle
- Indonesia records US$1.82 billion trade deficit in October