Asian Games pride, virginity testing shame
Author of Julia's Jihad
Wow, like most Indonesians, I was bursting with pride over the Asian Games in Jakarta and Palembang, South Sumatra!
What’s not to be euphorically proud of? It wasn’t just the 31 gold medals, or coming fourth after China, Japan and South Korea. It was also the magical, mesmerizing, fun-fantasia extravaganza of the opening and closing ceremonies, the super-cool Jame...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Anger at Singapore ads offering Indonesian maids for sale
- Creator of 3-D printed guns flies to Taiwan amid US sex assault accusation
- Balinale set to return with award-winning movies, guests
- Malaysia ex-PM faces 21 new charges over 1MDB scandal
- BMKG warns of heavy rains, high waves as Typhoon Mangkhut ends
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- 'Asia Sentinel' apologizes to Yudhoyono, Dems
- Five destinations to be developed into one geopark
- Indonesians ready to embrace cashless future
- Tourism Ministry declares five dishes national food