Who’s in charge of the story when disaster strikes?
Kadek Krishna Adidharma
Natural catastrophes do not always spell disaster for the tourist industry. Handled well, the temporary dip during a natural disaster could lead to a sustained period of growth.
Tourist operators in Bali share Cabinet Secretary Pramono Agung’s recently voiced concern that natural disasters come at “a high price to tourism in the region” and agree there is no...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- ‘I’m just ordinary man now’: Setya collects debts from friends to pay restitutio...
- Sri Lanka train kills mother elephant, two calves
- Florence death toll jumps to 31 as flooding wreaks havoc
- Trump hits China with tariffs on another $200b in goods
- Prosecutors call for Jambi rape victim to be punished to deter abortion
- Indonesia must improve its e-government
- Indian bishop accused of raping nun steps aside as arrest calls grow
- Payment of 'uang ketok palu' is tradition, councilors admit to corruption court
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Trump defends Supreme Court pick after sex assault allegation