‘Belt and Road Initiative’: An opportunity or threat
PREMIUM Unlike in Pakistan, Malaysia and the Philippines, in Indonesia the implementation of China’s 21st Century Maritime Silk Road scheme under the “Belt and Road Initiative” (BRI) tends to stagnate. China has so far committed to investing only about US$5 billion in the Jakarta-Bandung high-speed rail project. And this is the only infrastructure project so far approved for Indonesia un...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Moon, Kim get peace award from Indonesian community
- Only 2% of ads show women as leaders: Study
- Malea Emma Tjandrawidjaja stuns 'American Idol' judges
- Here comes Bui Squad: Palu inmates help earthquake, tsunami survivors
- Nudist beach surfer punches shark to escape attack
- Dark side of K-pop: The East Light leader claims years of abuse
- Saudi Arabia deployed Twitter army against critics: NY Times
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- North Korea's box of bones: A mythical king and the dream of Korean unification
- Partygoers burn police vehicles after being denied dancing