Palu: The political and the ridiculous
Author of Julia's Jihad
There’s nothing like a crisis to bring out the best and the worst in us. This was certainly true following the earthquake and tsunami disaster that hit Palu in Central Sulawesi on Sept. 28, which brought out the nationalist, the political, the inconsistent, the superstitious, the religious and the ridiculous sides in people.
As soon as the news about the disaster was bro...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Jokowi’s surprise for Korea
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Semen Indonesia acquires Holcim Indonesia
- Palm oil waste-fueled generators produce electricity in Kutai
- Merpati escapes bankruptcy, but no guarantee it will fly again
- Sexual harassment victim ordered to start prison sentence next week
- Teenagers boil sanitary pads to get high
- Prabowo plans Singapore-like taxes for Indonesia
- Bank Indonesia hikes rate to 6 percent
- Lion Air passengers change planes because of broken AC