Rights-based policy response urgent for refugees in transit
Recently, the body of a 37-year-old refugee was found hanging in the yard of Sekupang Immigration Detention Center in Batam, where he had lived since 2016.
Last year, the Afghan Hazara identified as Abbas Mohammady had tried to end his life by drinking laundry bleach but was discovered and rescued by friends. His body was found on Sept. 30, and his death, believed to be by sui...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Jokowi’s surprise for Korea
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Semen Indonesia acquires Holcim Indonesia
- Palm oil waste-fueled generators produce electricity in Kutai
- Merpati escapes bankruptcy, but no guarantee it will fly again
- Sexual harassment victim ordered to start prison sentence next week
- Teenagers boil sanitary pads to get high
- Prabowo plans Singapore-like taxes for Indonesia
- Bank Indonesia hikes rate to 6 percent
- Lion Air passengers change planes because of broken AC