Climate change: Global challenge requires global response
Continued growth in emissions of greenhouse gases around the world has caused abnormal and extreme weather events such as heat waves, droughts and catastrophic torrential rains.
These events are no longer just abstract future scenarios; they are happening today in all corners of the globe.
Average temperatures in Taiwan in the past two years have been the highes...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Jokowi’s surprise for Korea
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Semen Indonesia acquires Holcim Indonesia
- Palm oil waste-fueled generators produce electricity in Kutai
- Merpati escapes bankruptcy, but no guarantee it will fly again
- Sexual harassment victim ordered to start prison sentence next week
- Teenagers boil sanitary pads to get high
- Prabowo plans Singapore-like taxes for Indonesia
- Bank Indonesia hikes rate to 6 percent
- Lion Air passengers change planes because of broken AC