Domestic workers need urgent protection
Translator, researcher and writer
In recent years reports about the mistreatment, exploitation and even execution of Indonesian domestic workers at home and abroad have regularly made headlines. Familiar horror stories of domestic workers’ experiences include starvation in Malaysia, beatings at the hands of abusive employers in Indonesia and repeated beheadings in Saudi Arabia.
The latest of these execut...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- North Sumatra's regent nabbed in antigraft operation
- Indonesia's latest economic stimulus package: What you need to know
- 22 migrants missing off Morocco after boat capsizes
- BLACKPINK’s Jennie sets records with ‘Solo’ videos
- Republican urges conservatives to run against Trump in 2020
- Trump says doesn't want to hear 'suffering' Khashoggi tape
- 'Waria' told to leave their home in Jakarta amid anti-LGBT campaign
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Indonesia mosques spreading radicalism to government workers: Official
- Political parties clash over sharia-based bylaws