We can manage our love-hate relationship with plastic
Plastic is considered a miracle material; it can imitate almost anything and at a much cheaper cost. It can also substitute the use of scarce and more precious materials that nature does not provide abundantly.
Think of driving your car with dashboards made of metal or flammable wood. How inconvenient would that be? Before the 19th century, billiard balls were made exclusively...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Surfer severely mauled by shark in Australia
- Jakarta sinking fast: Experts
- Hummingbirds thrive at innovative Mexico gardens
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- They played dead on the ground: Survivor recounts OPM massacre
- Prabowo answers all your burning questions in his little blue book
- Women accuse famous Brazil spiritual 'healer' of sex abuse
- Don’t panic: Indonesian ‘cendol’ different from Singaporean ‘cendol’
- Garuda Indonesia takes passengers on trip to 1980s
- Sexual harassment in the sky: Hong Kong flight attendants fight back