Teenagers take on 'Toga' tradition
Syofiardi Bachyul Jb
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM TOGA DANCE: The Toga dance is performed in the yard of the ancient Siguntur Kingdom in Dharmasraya in West Sumatra. (JP/Syofiardi Bachyul Jb) It was almost dusk in the subdistrict of Siguntur, on the banks of Sumatra. In the gardens of the Siguntur Palace, a traditional Minangkabau building with pointed roofs, the king sat on his throne. He gazed straight ahead with authority, a staf...
- First Karangasem Travel Mart a huge success
- BNPB prepared for Mount Agung eruption: Head
- Govt picks Inalum to buy Freeport’s shares
- Tourism Ministry attracts European investors at London's 'Indonesia Briefing'
- HIV/AIDS prevention should also focus on men, not just sex workers: Djarot
- Maria lashes US Virgin Islands as Puerto Rico prepares for impact
- Deutsche Bank interested in helping SOEs buy Freeport’s shares
- Brie Larson makes set appearance for ‘Avengers’ movie
- ‘Marlina the Murderer in Four Acts’ to be screened in 18 countries
- Sleepy driver crashes sports car into Transjakarta lane separator