Clara Ng: Writing for women and children
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM Avoiding stereotypes in her literary work, writer Clara Ng portrays women -- the gender of almost all of the main characters in her books -- as a non-single entity. CLARA NG: (JP/A Junaidi) Clara, who has penned eight novels, promotes lesbians, metropolitan career women, victims of domestic violence, animal nursery employees and car workshop owners as the protagonists in her literar...
- List of moderate Islamic preachers needed: Scholar
- US warns Syria of 'firm' action over southern offensive
- Colombia to become first Latin American NATO 'global partner'
- Pair of Japanese premium melons sell for record $29,300
- New Terrorism Law no silver bullet, says rights researcher
- Out of South Africa, reminiscing the indelible Eden
- Prisoners evacuated from flooded Pekalongan Penitentiary
- Police shut down illegal gold mines in Riau
- Dutch, Australia say Russia behind downing MH17
- France arrests two spies for passing secrets to China