Jakarta hit by heavy flooding once again
The Jakarta Post
While all eyes were on Sunday’s Plumpang fuel depot fire, residents in nearby Kelapa Gading were hit by sweeping floods that threw traffic into chaos.
Heavy rains were not the sole trigger of the flooding though, with residents blaming new concrete apartment buildings and malls for causing poor drainage in the area.
The floods crippled the Transjakarta busway while all tr...
- All ASEAN countries but Indonesia ban cigarette advertising
- Two sisters commit suicide by jumping from apartment
- Thousands sign up for Bogor Palace tour
- PAN refuses to withdraw from Cabinet
- China urges US to stop 'unfriendly' recon flights
- Fires burn 64 hectares of land in West Aceh
- Hundreds of 'ojek' drivers block South Jakarta road
- EDITORIAL: Children and social media
- NTB creates task force to tackle garbage on Mt Rinjani
- Jakarta Council sees decline in performance of 'orange troops'