Jakarta hit by heavy flooding once again
The Jakarta Post
While all eyes were on Sunday’s Plumpang fuel depot fire, residents in nearby Kelapa Gading were hit by sweeping floods that threw traffic into chaos.
Heavy rains were not the sole trigger of the flooding though, with residents blaming new concrete apartment buildings and malls for causing poor drainage in the area.
The floods crippled the Transjakarta busway while all tr...
- GenPI West Sumatra to host Siti Nurbaya Market
- Indonesia Tempeh Movement's Amadeus gives talk at Harvard Business School
- Indonesia, South Korea initiate plan to develop electric car battery
- Jokowi appoints Robert Pakpahan as new tax chief
- Drone flown over Mount Agung to detect volcanic activity
- Researchers spot interstellar visitor
- Don't be afraid to come to Bali: Minister
- 'Real Bali' as Western construct: Rethinking tourism's 'ruination' of Bali
- Anies invited to ‘anti-Ahok’ 212 Rally Alumni gathering
- Skype disappears from Chinese app stores in latest web crackdown