Pacific island nations propose special fund
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM Facing the acute danger of rising sea waters, Pacific island nations proposed Tuesday the Asian Development Bank establish a special climate fund to help them finance climate adaptation projects. Speaking on behalf of Pacific Developing Member Countries (PDMC), Patrick Pruaitch, of Papua New Guinea, told the bank's board of governors meeting that climate change poses significant threats to t...
- Trump targeted by G-20 as leaders push back on combative tweets
- Supreme Court to decide on UK-Scotland Brexit standoff
- Some countries buying Russian gear deserve sanctions waivers: Mattis
- Yuval Noah Harari: '21 Lessons' from data, meditation to AI and 'Black Mirror'
- Indonesia soccer fans damage Asian Games stadium
- World Bank official drowns at Bali beach
- Thousands protest Australia's refugee detention policy
- Four kids, riding motorbike without helmets, taught valuable lesson by cop
- One dead, suspect surrenders after US supermarket hostage drama
- Too ugly, too smelly: Jakarta covers up ‘Black River’ for Asian Games