Special Report: Suramadu bridge could last for 100 years
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM The Suramadu bridge in East Java, completed this month, is the longest bridge in Indonesia, connecting Java and Madura Island. Its construction, which cost the state Rp 4.5 trillion (US$428 million), depended on other supporting infrastructure and development in surrounding areas. The Jakarta Post's Indra Harsaputra talked recently with Suramadu bridge project head Achmad Ghofar Ismail amid prep...
- Environment minister responds to President’s criticism
- Essay: Losing my religion
- 1.2 million drug abusers live in Jakarta
- Don’t make us get nothing: Speaker on Jakarta councilors’ allowance increase
- Don’t scare investors away, Jokowi tells ministers
- North Korean celebrity's homecoming: Happy to be home or was she kidnapped?
- House lawmaker supports rupiah redenomination
- Ministry seizes Jakarta’s party bus
- Sleman promotes batik with Sleman Creative Award 2017
- Bikers banned from new Semanggi Interchange because of selfie fears