Turning harassment into empowerment
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM A Pekka member feeds a rabbit. Pekka members earn money by breeding rabbits and selling carrot crackers. JP/Tifa Asrianti Siti "Imas" Hasanah, a resident of Sukanagalih village, Cianjur regency, West Java, never imagined she could be financially and emotionally independent. "I was a victim of domestic violence," says the mother of four. "In 2004, I fi...
- Rain puts out forest fire on Mt Lawu
- Using the best of Security Council membership for Palestine-Israel conflict
- UK visa requirements relaxed for Indonesian students
- Malaysia's Najib explains why he had so many luxury handbags, lots of cash, jewe...
- We deserve more choices
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Intel CEO resigns after probe of relationship with employee
- Number missing in Indonesia ferry disaster jumps again to 192: official
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens
- Handgun found in bin at Soekarno-Hatta airport