Turning harassment into empowerment
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM A Pekka member feeds a rabbit. Pekka members earn money by breeding rabbits and selling carrot crackers. JP/Tifa Asrianti Siti "Imas" Hasanah, a resident of Sukanagalih village, Cianjur regency, West Java, never imagined she could be financially and emotionally independent. "I was a victim of domestic violence," says the mother of four. "In 2004, I fi...
- EU launches defence pact it calls 'bad news for enemies'
- Three drug dealers sentenced to death in Riau
- City to cover expenses of Christmas celebration at Monas
- Jakarta’s floods claim life of toddler
- Indonesia wins trade dispute on fatty alcohols with EU
- Dalai Lama turns to iPhone to spread app-iness
- Ministries hand over voter data to KPU
- Singapore Airlines and SilkAir to roll out new airfare pricing
- Indonesia making progress in global ICT ranking
- PGI refuses to celebrate Christmas at Monas