Betawi big boys rule Jakarta underworld
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM Ushered to the top primarily by the authorities, Jakarta’s native ethnic Betawi are now basking in a revival era as the conquerors of Jakarta’s lucrative underworld business, after decades of merely enjoying the leftovers. The Jakarta Post’s Rendi A. Witular and Andra Wisnu investigate the changing landscape of the capital’s seedy underbelly, which by nature is the meticulous creation of p...
- Streep ‘terrified’ to work with Hanks, Spielberg for the first time
- Year-end events to attend in Bali
- Does playing action video games change your brain?
- Minister, Anies join thousands in rally to support Palestine
- Heavy air pollution shuts schools in Iran
- BPS to start collecting e-commerce data in January
- Suspicious deaths of billionaire Canada couple investigated
- All work and no play leads to burnout, says new study
- US wants no mention of `Climate Change' in new Nafta
- Assange told not to interfere in Catalonia: Ecuador president