Betawi big boys rule Jakarta underworld
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM Ushered to the top primarily by the authorities, Jakarta’s native ethnic Betawi are now basking in a revival era as the conquerors of Jakarta’s lucrative underworld business, after decades of merely enjoying the leftovers. The Jakarta Post’s Rendi A. Witular and Andra Wisnu investigate the changing landscape of the capital’s seedy underbelly, which by nature is the meticulous creation of p...
- List of moderate Islamic preachers needed: Scholar
- US warns Syria of 'firm' action over southern offensive
- Colombia to become first Latin American NATO 'global partner'
- Pair of Japanese premium melons sell for record $29,300
- New Terrorism Law no silver bullet, says rights researcher
- Out of South Africa, reminiscing the indelible Eden
- Prisoners evacuated from flooded Pekalongan Penitentiary
- Police shut down illegal gold mines in Riau
- Dutch, Australia say Russia behind downing MH17
- France arrests two spies for passing secrets to China