Aceh council passes bylaw on stoning adulterers to death
THE JAKARTA POST
PREMIUM Defying strong objections from human rights groups and the provincial administration, the Aceh legislative council passed the Islamic criminal code Monday, allowing adulterers to be stoned to death. Under the new bylaw, homosexuality is also punishable by lengthy prison terms. The controversial ordinance will take effect within 30 days for both Muslims and non-Muslims accused of committi...
- Amorous couples, sex workers whipped in Aceh
- Indonesia seeks to lure Chinese tourists to destinations outside Bali
- BREAKING: Government sacks Pertamina chief
- Malindo Air flight suffers runway excursion in Kathmandu
- Two Palestinians killed by Israeli fire as Gaza protests dwindle
- Rupiah weakens to almost Rp 13,900 against US dollar
- Insight: Fair trade for palm oil, please!
- Prabowo's presidential bid hangs in the balance
- Google is Indonesia's powerful weapon in war on illegal fishing
- Japan's Akita dogs melt foreign hearts