Switzerland, Muslim community and the minarets
PREMIUM Abdurrahman “Gus Dur” Wahid, a renowned Muslim cleric and former Indonesian president, cracked a joke one day. “To certain Muslims,” he said, “God is so distant that they need to use minarets and loudspeakers to call and communicate with Him.”Of course the use of loudspeakers and minarets was initially to inform and call Muslims to prayers, and not a call to God. But as we can see duri...
- Korean comedy-drama sparks uproar for 'disrespecting Islam'
- 4 cities in Indonesia where you can travel by foot
- Another cargo plane skids off runway in Papua
- WhatsApp adds Picture-in-Picture feature on Android 8.0
- Beware the dangers of pre-cooked meals
- Six ITB students injured by crumbling pillar
- Wonderful Indonesia Festival 2017 to grace Manila
- Jember crowned Indonesia's Carnival City
- Danilo completes Man City move
- US golfer Spieth in prime position to win British Open