Switzerland, Muslim community and the minarets
PREMIUM Abdurrahman “Gus Dur” Wahid, a renowned Muslim cleric and former Indonesian president, cracked a joke one day. “To certain Muslims,” he said, “God is so distant that they need to use minarets and loudspeakers to call and communicate with Him.”Of course the use of loudspeakers and minarets was initially to inform and call Muslims to prayers, and not a call to God. But as we can see duri...
- List of moderate Islamic preachers needed: Scholar
- US warns Syria of 'firm' action over southern offensive
- Colombia to become first Latin American NATO 'global partner'
- Pair of Japanese premium melons sell for record $29,300
- Malaysian playboy financier in cross
- Two Koreas’ leaders hold second summit: Cheong Wa Dae
- New Terrorism Law no silver bullet, says rights researcher
- Out of South Africa, reminiscing the indelible Eden
- Dugong sellers thwarted in West Sulawesi
- Prisoners evacuated from flooded Pekalongan Penitentiary