Switzerland, Muslim community and the minarets
PREMIUM Abdurrahman “Gus Dur” Wahid, a renowned Muslim cleric and former Indonesian president, cracked a joke one day. “To certain Muslims,” he said, “God is so distant that they need to use minarets and loudspeakers to call and communicate with Him.”Of course the use of loudspeakers and minarets was initially to inform and call Muslims to prayers, and not a call to God. But as we can see duri...
- Govt picks Inalum to buy Freeport’s shares
- First Karangasem Travel Mart a huge success
- BNPB prepared for Mount Agung eruption: Head
- Tourism Ministry attracts European investors at London's 'Indonesia Briefing'
- HIV/AIDS prevention should also focus on men, not just sex workers: Djarot
- Deutsche Bank interested in helping SOEs buy Freeport’s shares
- Sleepy driver crashes sports car into Transjakarta lane separator
- Startup investment grows 60 times in five years: Research
- New 'ghost' orchid species discovered on Java
- Melania ads removed following Trump lawyer's complaint