A lesson from a musical legend
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM “Who am I? [I’m] just a skinny shy guy with a standard face. But music has breathed new life into me, given energy to my soul and created a miracle greater than I ever expected.” Those were some of the last words Chrisye said during his long struggle with cancer. The legendary singer one of Indonesia’s biggest musicians died more than two years ago, but his memory still lives in the hearts...
- 53 injured as Saudi jet makes emergency landing
- Anwar reassures Malays who fear losing racial advantage
- Police find 'missing' teen's body at South Jakarta apartment
- Commentary: Soeharto's most likely successor? How about Prabowo?
- Castle restoration plan with no elevators causing controversy
- Police probe Jakarta officials on fatal Monas incident
- Joey Alexander among '50 Asians to watch'
- Danish minister says Ramadan fasting can be 'dangerous'
- Australian archbishop guilty of concealing child sex abuse
- How new antiterrorism law will change Indonesia's war on terror