Denpasar receives cooperative award
The Jakarta Post
DENPASAR: Ministry of the Cooperatives and Small and Medium Enterprises has presented Denpasar municipal administration with the Pataka Koperasi award for its serious commitment to promote cooperatives.
The municipality's secretary A.A. Rai Iswara stated the award will motivate the administration's officers to work even harder.
"The Pataka Koperasi will be presented to the Denpasar mayor I.B. Rai Dharmawijaya Mantra during the upcoming celebration of Cooperative Day at Gresik, East Java," Iswara said.
"Cooperatives have been proven to be a strong driving force for economic initiatives, particularly among low income communities," he added.
There are currently 776 co-operatives running in Denpa-sar, most of which are very successful. - JP
- Protest persecution of Rohingyas, not just Ahok: Malaysian PM
- Indonesian Military deploys personnel for Aceh quake relief
- Bandung Mayor Ridwan Kamil apologizes for Christmas service raid
- Indonesia advances to AFF Cup finals
- Jokowi orders all-out rescue effort as Aceh quake death toll rises
- Strong earthquake destroys buildings in Aceh
- West Java Governor laments raid on Christmas service
- FPI won't gain popularity from recent anti-Ahok rallies, expert says
- Indonesia’s ‘Single’s Day’ set to delight e-shoppers
- Leaders at OGP Summit call for greater government openness