Denpasar receives cooperative award
The Jakarta Post
DENPASAR: Ministry of the Cooperatives and Small and Medium Enterprises has presented Denpasar municipal administration with the Pataka Koperasi award for its serious commitment to promote cooperatives.
The municipality's secretary A.A. Rai Iswara stated the award will motivate the administration's officers to work even harder.
"The Pataka Koperasi will be presented to the Denpasar mayor I.B. Rai Dharmawijaya Mantra during the upcoming celebration of Cooperative Day at Gresik, East Java," Iswara said.
"Cooperatives have been proven to be a strong driving force for economic initiatives, particularly among low income communities," he added.
There are currently 776 co-operatives running in Denpa-sar, most of which are very successful. - JP
- 10 arrested over alleged illegal levies in S. Sulawesi
- Dutch woman dies after train accident in Yogyakarta
- Double standards: The defining of homosexuality as pornographic in Indonesia
- Japan pledges support for Indonesian infrastructure development
- Jakarta, Kuala Lumpur to have one halal certification
- Piko-Taro’s ‘Pen Pineapple Apple Pen’ debuts on Billboard 100
- KPU Jakarta returns computers to city administration
- We are working to address traffic congestion: Ahok
- Second legal warning over land ownership ban sent to Yogyakarta governor
- 'Energy and mineral sector hotbed of illegal levies'