New scholarship for unpopular subjects
The Jakarta Post
DENPASAR: Bali administration has allocated Rp 1 billion (US$112,000) for a scholarship program to encourage more university students to study “unpopular” subjects such as ancient Javanese literature, Balinese literature, archaeology and anthropology.
“Each [selected] student will receive a Rp 2 million scholarship,” Bali Education Agency head Wayan Suasta said Saturday, adding that...
- AccorHotels to operate 200 hotels in Indonesia by 2020
- Churchgoers perform service amid rally in Cikarang
- More Cipinang inmates transferred to Nusakambangan
- Hate speech clouds Indonesia's internet in 2016: Police
- Jakarta Police chief visits Santa Clara Church construction site
- Govt goes extra mile to accelerate land distribution
- The trouble with pedophiles in Indonesia
- Soccer fan brawl in Tangerang, one death
- Indonesia's Daud Yordan beats Thai boxer in 2nd round of non-title bout
- Depok aims to certify 500 land plots