Siti Musdah Mulia: A courageous woman
M. Azis Tunny
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM Siti Musdah Mulia is no stranger to human rights. Some will remember her for arguing in 2008 that homosexuality had its place within Islam. Others may recall how she denounced the pornography bill lawmakers were discussing, saying it would institutionalize religious oppression.JP/M. Azis TunnyInspired by former president and respected Muslim leader Abdurahman “Gus Dur” Wahid, the 52-year-old r...
- China challenged Australian warships in South China Sea-Australian media
- Jokowi to complete 38 strategic projects before term ends
- 'Islamization' of women's movement in Indonesia
- Jakarta MRT to have women operators, maintenance officers
- Will Facebook Indonesia face criminal charges for data breach?
- Trash inundates space underneath toll road in North Jakarta
- Government raises demands to Facebook Indonesia
- Britain to ban sale of plastic straws in bid to fight waste
- How healthy is too healthy? EU warns about green tea supplements
- Banjarnegara earthquake displaces more than 2,000