Govt ups ante against illegal logging, mining and plantations
Adianto P. Simamora
The Jakarta Post
President Susilo Bambang Yu-dhoyono has pledged to intensify the government’s battle against companies operating illegally in rainforests to cut forest losses and help regain the trust of foreign countries.
The government is currently revising a 2005 presidential instruction on illegal logging.
The draft expanded the definition of violations including illegal mining and illicit for...
- Indonesian magician The Sacred Riana is crowned winner of Asia's Got Talent Season 2
- In first, SpaceX launches recycled rocket and spaceship
- Yogyakarta airport developers warned not to ‘steal’ people’s land
- Foundation documents culinary heritage via smartphone app
- 2 killed, 7 injured in Java quake: Agency
- Oil and gas lifting to fall slightly short of target
- Police arrest doctor for alleged hate speech against TNI chief
- Jakarta transportation operators to rejuvenate fleets
- H&M says to close more stores as customers go online
- Saudi women will also be allowed to drive motorcycles