Govt ups ante against illegal logging, mining and plantations
Adianto P. Simamora
The Jakarta Post
President Susilo Bambang Yu-dhoyono has pledged to intensify the government’s battle against companies operating illegally in rainforests to cut forest losses and help regain the trust of foreign countries.
The government is currently revising a 2005 presidential instruction on illegal logging.
The draft expanded the definition of violations including illegal mining and illicit for...
- FPI protests ‘unfairness’ by West Java Police chief
- Agus-Sylvi leads in Jakarta election survey: Study
- Police name 5 suspects in foiled plot to traffic illegal workers to Malaysia
- Indonesia pledges leeway for obedient miners
- Twitter suspends several FPI accounts
- Police promise to investigate Ciampea attack
- Jokowi declines to comment on “Jokowi Undercover”
- Police may investigate Sylviana on alleged mosque construction graft
- Training aircraft crashes in East Java injuring cadet
- Jonan tells Freeport to release 51 percent of shares