Govt ups ante against illegal logging, mining and plantations
Adianto P. Simamora
The Jakarta Post
President Susilo Bambang Yu-dhoyono has pledged to intensify the government’s battle against companies operating illegally in rainforests to cut forest losses and help regain the trust of foreign countries.
The government is currently revising a 2005 presidential instruction on illegal logging.
The draft expanded the definition of violations including illegal mining and illicit for...
- House inquiry team to meet National Police to ‘straighten things out’
- Piaggio Indonesia poised strongly against Honda's challenge
- East Jakarta robbery gang well managed: Police
- Ahok faces threats in Cipinang prison: Warden
- Prosecutors in e-ID case demand former Home Ministry officials be jailed
- Police to make sketch of Novel Baswedan attacker
- Sragen Police discover thousands of pills in Central Java house
- Ariana Grande to perform across Asia this year
- Images: A quest to create a comfortable city
- Police question witnesses following Kerobokan prison escape