Govt ups ante against illegal logging, mining and plantations
Adianto P. Simamora
The Jakarta Post
President Susilo Bambang Yu-dhoyono has pledged to intensify the government’s battle against companies operating illegally in rainforests to cut forest losses and help regain the trust of foreign countries.
The government is currently revising a 2005 presidential instruction on illegal logging.
The draft expanded the definition of violations including illegal mining and illicit for...
- KPK rebuffs House inquiry
- Wonderful Indonesia to participate in Malaysia International Dive Expo 2017
- Campaign highlights importance of fish consumption
- Tourism Ministry to hold gathering with social media influencers, bloggers
- And now, Indosat website hacked
- 'Big Bad Wolf' book sale restocks 1 million new books
- Making new album an emotional rollercoaster for Mary J. Blige
- Rohingya crisis could affect ASEAN stability: Jokowi
- Mandeh to host "Wonderful Mandeh Festival" in May
- RI, PH up ante on counterterrorism, trade