Govt ups ante against illegal logging, mining and plantations
Adianto P. Simamora
The Jakarta Post
President Susilo Bambang Yu-dhoyono has pledged to intensify the government’s battle against companies operating illegally in rainforests to cut forest losses and help regain the trust of foreign countries.
The government is currently revising a 2005 presidential instruction on illegal logging.
The draft expanded the definition of violations including illegal mining and illicit for...
- Three former presidents join Jokowi to celebrate Independence Day
- Jokowi praises Jakarta for Semanggi interchange
- Eleven teens suspected in prostitution ring
- Ahok, other prisoners barred from Independence Day event
- UGM tops RI university ranking
- SBY attends ceremony at State Palace
- SEA Games: Indonesia beats Philippines 3-0
- China gets tough on long, odd company names
- Ten-year-old India rape victim gives birth to baby girl
- Jokowi inaugurates new Semanggi overpass on Independence Day