Greater area, opportunities, responsibility
I Made Andi Arsana
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM Indonesia celebrated its 65th Independence Day by “growing” almost 4,000 square kilometers. This apparent “expansion” of Indonesia results from recommendations delivered by the UN Commission on the Limits of the Continental Shelf (CLCS) concerning Indonesia’s “new” seabed area beyond 370 kilometers from baselines. While for most countries baselines are usually their coastlines at low...
- Student allegedly paralyzed after being told to do 120 jump squats as punishment
- Obama dancing in Kenya sends world aflutter
- Too ugly, too smelly: Jakarta covers up ‘Black River’ for Asian Games
- Russian tourist allegedly gang-raped in India
- China seizes 156 mammoth tusks in huge ivory haul
- S.Korean court hands former president Park another 8 years in jail
- Jambi girl imprisoned for abortion after being raped by brother
- 'Mass casualty incident' after Missouri tourist boat capsizes
- Former Hong Kong leader jailed again for misconduct
- Who is TGB, Jokowi’s strongest ally against sectarianism?