Jessica against plan to block BB Web access
The Jakarta Post
JAKARTA: Actress Jessica Iskandar disagrees with the government’s plan to shut down BlackBerry’s access to the Internet service in Indonesia because it will disrupt her daily activities.
“I use BlackBerry as a working and socializing tool, including to send emails because it is easier. I hope it will not be banned, because it is very useful,” Jessica said as quoted by Inilah.com on Monday.
According to the 22-year-old, the government’s reason for blocking BlackBerry’s Web access was unclear.
“If it is because of the porn content, then the government should blame the users. The problem is that not all users are porn savvy. It is better to block the sites but not the [BlackBerry] service,” she said. — JP
- Jokowi treason arrests questioned
- Papua to see air navigation system upgrades to prevent more crashes
- N. Jakarta district court chief to lead Ahok's blasphemy trial
- Taeyeon and Wiz Khalifa tussle over MAMA performance
- Slow economic growth predicted in 2017: Economists
- Ahok blasphemy trial to start Thursday
- Car Free Day initiator wants ‘Kita Indonesia’ organizer to apologize
- KPK signs agreement with police, AGO to ease monitoring of graft cases
- Pilot of crashed plane promised to go home to East Nusa Tenggara for Christmas
- Indonesia investment board upbeat about 2017, tourism potential