Jessica against plan to block BB Web access
The Jakarta Post
JAKARTA: Actress Jessica Iskandar disagrees with the government’s plan to shut down BlackBerry’s access to the Internet service in Indonesia because it will disrupt her daily activities.
“I use BlackBerry as a working and socializing tool, including to send emails because it is easier. I hope it will not be banned, because it is very useful,” Jessica said as quoted by Inilah.com on Monday.
According to the 22-year-old, the government’s reason for blocking BlackBerry’s Web access was unclear.
“If it is because of the porn content, then the government should blame the users. The problem is that not all users are porn savvy. It is better to block the sites but not the [BlackBerry] service,” she said. — JP
- Hundreds of supporters accompany candidates to pick ballot numbers
- From sex to murder: Dark face of Indonesian cults
- 1, 2, 3: The order is Agus, Ahok, Anies
- World’s first dengue vaccine now available in Indonesia
- UN wildlife campaign goes live on RI social media
- Jokowi lays wreath for Thailand's King Bhumibol
- Int’l students participate in IPB scientific seminar, symposium
- Australian pedophile gets 15 years' imprisonment in Bali
- Report reveals links of pro-IS groups in Mindanao with Indonesia, Malaysia
- Tax reform to follow last ever amnesty