Secondary forest small print unlawful
The Jakarta Post
JAKARTA: A proposal to exclude secondary forests from a planned moratorium on forest conversions would be a breach of the 1999 Forestry Law and last year’s climate deal between Indonesia and Norway, The Indonesian Environmental Forum (Walhi) has warned.
Walhi said the forestry law and the letter of intent (LoI) signed by Indonesia and Norway stipulated that all natural forests be protecte...
- Nude rider arrested upon entering airport complex in West Kalimantan
- Govt arrests 32 alleged sex workers in Jakarta, mostly from Vietnam
- Thousands of fans meet Park Bo-gum in Jakarta
- Tasty 'nasi uduk' is talk of town
- Indonesia sees Japan as model for infrastructure development
- Jokowi, Abe pledge to strengthen bilateral ties
- Mattel launches smart baby device to lure tech-savvy parents
- Extremism becoming more common: Muhammadiyah
- 7 killed in fatal accident on West Java toll road
- Kidman says comments about Trump support weren't endorsement