Maria Tri Sulistyani & Iwan Effendi: Making puppets for all
The Jakarta Post
JP/Ika KrismantariPeople only know two kinds of puppetry in Indonesia. The first, which is usually seen on television, is purely dedicated to children’s education while the second goes back to ancient traditions only older people seem to appreciate.
But the Papermoon Puppet Theater of Yogyakarta doesn’t fall into either category. It’s a new type of performance art blending fine ...
- Anies wins in South Jakarta and East Jakarta: KPU
- 459 tons equipment brought along on Saudi Arabia's King's visit to Indonesia
- Indonesian hard-liners again turn up heat on Ahmadis
- Jokowi meets Australian CEOs, shares confidence about Indonesia's economy
- Official Jakarta election results to be announced Sunday
- Iraq hopes to reclaim heritage lost to Islamic State group
- Obama returns to Broadway to see Arthur Miller's 'The Price'
- Jokowi arrives in Sydney
- Plan to execute death row inmates still on: AGO
- Bogor Botanical Gardens holds waste festival