Environment Watch: Govt to pump money into embattled national park
Oyos Saroso H.N.
The Jakarta Post
The Forestry Ministry has earmarked Rp 250 billion (about US$25 million) to establish a rare flora and fauna rehabilitation center in East Lampung’s Way Kambas National Park (TNWK), whose lush forests and rare wildlife is under threat from rampant illegal logging, poaching and fishing.
Lampung Governor Sjachroedin Z.P. said the project was a part of the Lampung tourism development golden ...
- Police refute FPI’s accusation of unfair handling of Bandung clash
- Jl. Fatmawati to be closed for 6 months
- Harvard's digital photography course now available for free
- Anti-Ahok sentiment helps ex-president's son take the lead: Survey
- Vision, mission ‘less important’ for Jakarta voters: Study
- FPI threatens to report Megawati to police for blasphemy
- Prosecutors to present more remarks by Ahok
- Ahok’s lawyers refuse to continue hearing due to unscheduled witnesses
- Jakarta Police to question FPI leader for ‘spreading hatred’
- Pertamina allocates US$54 billion to strengthen upstream industry