Environment Watch: Govt to pump money into embattled national park
Oyos Saroso H.N.
The Jakarta Post
The Forestry Ministry has earmarked Rp 250 billion (about US$25 million) to establish a rare flora and fauna rehabilitation center in East Lampung’s Way Kambas National Park (TNWK), whose lush forests and rare wildlife is under threat from rampant illegal logging, poaching and fishing.
Lampung Governor Sjachroedin Z.P. said the project was a part of the Lampung tourism development golden ...
- Police remain vigilant in areas with tight election margins
- Indonesia ready for Freeport tribunal
- Indonesia's tough stance causes headache for tuna exporters
- Police terminate investigation into UI lecturer’s alleged blasphemy
- Muslim group promises no violence at anti-Ahok rally
- Freeport gives government four months to negotiate new settlement
- Millenials ask Jokowi questions, their way
- Police to investigate North Korean restaurant on spy activity
- Jakarta Police to deploy 10,000 personnel to anti-Ahok rally
- TV footage appears to show deliberate attack on North Korean