Thirteen years of privatized water in Jakarta
Time has passed quickly. The privatization of piped water service in Jakarta will mark its 13th anniversary on June 6.
In Phnom Penh, the Cambodian capital, 13 years was the period required by the government there to significantly improve its service.
When introduced in 1993, piped water in Phnom Penh was only accessible to 25 percent of the population. Thirteen years later 90 perc...
- SBY instructs Roy Suryo to shun media
- Saudi drafts drone regulation after security alarm
- Afghan migrants go on rampage at Balikpapan detention center
- Bridge collapses in Tegal, Central Java
- Say no to plastic straws, urges antiplastic campaign
- Avicii death a coming-of-age in electronic music boom
- Jagorawi toll traffic under control thanks to odd-even policy: Jasa Marga
- Introducing Indonesian coffee through ‘Ngopi Sore’ in Washington DC
- Sumatran tiger captured after 100 days of hunting
- Nine injured in Thousand Islands boat explosion