Stop female genital circumcision, activists say
Elly Burhaini Faizal
The Jakarta Post
Activists urged Health Minister Endang Rahayu Sedyaningsih to immediately revoke a ministerial regulation on female genital circumcision because it not only legitimizes violence against Indonesian women but also may neglect their abilities to fully exercise their fundamental rights on reproductive health and freedom.
National Commission on Violence against Women (Komnas Perempuan) deputy ch...
- Pork Festival changes name to Imlek Culinary Festival following protests
- Indonesian policymakers prepare for US transition
- Indonesians love of Mecca boosts lucrative ‘umrah’ business
- Indonesia to revise 20 regulations in next economic stimulus package
- World's primates facing extinction crisis, new report says
- Kim Tae-hee chooses custom-made dress over branded designs
- Three witnesses to be questioned in ex-Garuda boss' bribery case
- SHORT STORY: Love as sweet as poison
- Indonesia to fight against forest fires starting early this year
- Deputy gubernatorial candidate notes error in police summons