RI still razing forests despite climate deal
Adianto P. Simamora
The Jakarta Post
Less than two weeks after a moratorium on forest clearing, Indonesia has lost protected forest the size of Singapore that was awarded to palm oil planters and forest concession holders, a report by Greenomics Indonesia says.
To make matters worse, the shifting status of primary forest is located in Central Kalimantan, which was appointed a pilot project site — a place other provinces will...
- Preparing ahead for smart contracts
- Persecuted couple in Tangerang gets married
- Indonesia to limit e-cigarette imports, sales: Minister
- Goldman Sachs ordered to pay $24 million to Indonesia tycoon
- Coordinating Minister for Maritime Affairs inaugurates two ships for Sail Sabang
- Asia's richest banker spots a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity
- Court rejects pretrial motion of hate speech suspect Jonru Ginting
- SOEs develop Papuan coffee for export
- China's Tencent overtakes Facebook in market value
- Airport trains to start running early next month