RI still razing forests despite climate deal
Adianto P. Simamora
The Jakarta Post
Less than two weeks after a moratorium on forest clearing, Indonesia has lost protected forest the size of Singapore that was awarded to palm oil planters and forest concession holders, a report by Greenomics Indonesia says.
To make matters worse, the shifting status of primary forest is located in Central Kalimantan, which was appointed a pilot project site — a place other provinces will...
- Riau tourism ambassadors to be crowned at Bujang Dara Riau 2017 pageant
- Eliminating illegal parking at GBK needs PPKGBK approval
- Consider peacekeeping operations in Myanmar
- Susi reminds Central Java fishermen to stop using 'cantrang'
- Central bank sets ceiling fee via newly issued e-money card regulation
- Angelina Jolie's Cambodian genocide film deserves to be watched
- KPK to reveal details Friday on 'latest BPK auditor arrest'
- Minister slams F&B firms for objecting to sugar auction plan
- Muhammadiyah sends aid team for Rohingya
- Ancol to go cashless