Govt reduces area of forests protected by moratorium
Adianto P. Simamora
The Jakarta Post
The government issued a new version of a forest map, revising down the size of primary forests and conservation areas in the forest moratorium to 55 million hectares.
The new map, posted on the Forestry Ministry website Monday, highlights 55 million hectares of primary forests and conservation areas and 17 million hectares of peatland estimated to store 1 billion tons of carbon.
- BTS presents tearful, beautiful finale of ‘Wings’ tour in Seoul
- Foreign prisoner escapes from Kerobokan prison
- Online shops not causing closure of retail outlets: BPS
- Heavy rainfall in Jakarta topples trees, disrupts traffic
- Floods, toppled trees disrupt Transjakarta services
- Heavy rainfall unanticipated, says BPBD
- ‘Wonder’, a wonderfully heartwarming film for all
- Chengdu tops list as China's happiest city
- Jakarta administration criticized for not uploading meeting videos
- Qatar interested in investing in Mandalika tourism zone: Luhut