RI must fight forest fires to meet emissions target
The Jakarta Post
High carbon emission rates have made Indonesia the third-worst contributor after the US and China, respectively.
Indonesian National Council on Climate Change (DPNI) chairman Rachmat Witoelar disagrees, arguing that Indonesia’s position is highly dependant on emissions created by forest fires.
The 1997-1998 and 2006 forest fires were why the international community rated Indonesi...
- Passport stamps becoming a thing of the past
- Govt to take legal action against drillers of illegal oil well after fire
- Three airlines to move to Terminal 3 in May
- Illegal oil exploration activities in Aceh must stop: WALHI
- Candidates for Pertamina's top post submitted to Jokowi: SOE official
- Indian court jails popular guru for life over teen rape
- Music-streaming millennials eye smart speakers
- High-rise buildings must provide access for fiber optics
- At least 10 killed, dozens injured in oil well fire in Aceh
- Jakarta x Beauty festival seeks to promote self-confidence