A closer look at scouts
The Jakarta Post
Many would think of the scout movement (Pramuka) as simply a group of children wearing boring khaki-colored uniforms with red-and-white ties doing outdoor camping.
The latest flick, Lima Elang (Five Eagles), by noted filmmaker Rudi Soedjarwo, would put that simplistic view to the test.
This film may be the first in decades that touches on the scout movement as its main theme, with a ...
- Indonesia considers joining TPP-11
- Teacher charged with child abuse for slapping students
- Ants that 'explode' to fight foes discovered on Borneo
- Garuda Indonesia's Kartini Flight features all-female pilots, cabin crew, groundcrew
- Janelle Monae plans dystopian film to accompany album
- Bootleg liquor claims more lives in Bekasi
- North Korea's Kim promises no more nuclear or missile tests
- School accuses travel agency of fraud
- Papuans celebrate womanhood in mangrove forest
- Female baristas serve free coffee at Jakarta Kota Station