Hijabs & manga
The Jakarta Post
Welcome: An illustration by Sarah Tauhid, an Indonesian artist currently residing in Australia. She used the artwork for an Idul Fitri greeting for her friends.While some would associate anime and manga — the Japanese take on cartoons — with short skirts and flowing, multicolored hair, the spread of the art to various countries has given birth to a flow of hijab-donning doe-eyed characters.
- Tonnes of garbage cleaned up from Galapagos coast
- Turkish-led forces in control of Syria's Afrin city
- French language eyes 'le comeback' as Britain leaves Europe
- Indian airports stretched as passengers reach new heights
- Facebook suspends Trump election data firm for policy breach
- Putin on track for commanding win as Russians head to polls
- Fake Prince Albert 'cons Monte Carlo high-flyers'
- Kevin and Marcus reach thriller All England final