‘Excessive’ security measures in Papua blamed for rising violence
The Jakarta Post
Human rights defenders and analysts have again raised their concerns over what they see as “excessive security measures “ in the restive province of Papua following two recent incidents in Abepura and Timika that reportedly led to at least nine deaths.
The National Commission on Human Rights (Komnas HAM) on Friday questioned the involvement of the military in securing the Third Papuan P...
- All ASEAN countries but Indonesia ban cigarette advertising
- Two sisters commit suicide by jumping from apartment
- Thousands sign up for Bogor Palace tour
- China urges US to stop 'unfriendly' recon flights
- Hundreds of 'ojek' drivers block South Jakarta road
- Manulife aims to attract middle-upper class clients with new insurance product
- EDITORIAL: Children and social media
- Fires burn 64 hectares of land in West Aceh
- PAN refuses to withdraw from Cabinet
- Where is the disability? My stumps don't define me