‘Excessive’ security measures in Papua blamed for rising violence
The Jakarta Post
Human rights defenders and analysts have again raised their concerns over what they see as “excessive security measures “ in the restive province of Papua following two recent incidents in Abepura and Timika that reportedly led to at least nine deaths.
The National Commission on Human Rights (Komnas HAM) on Friday questioned the involvement of the military in securing the Third Papuan P...
- PLN has signed contracts for power plants to generate 31,000 MW
- Anies, Sandiaga leave town
- Journalist named suspect over traffic accident involving Setya Novanto
- Hundreds of residents escorted out of besieged Papuan villages
- 'Despacito' sweeps Latin Grammys -- and heads to Asia
- Jokowi orders Setya to obey law
- Album Review: 'Reputation' by Taylor Swift
- Jakarta least tolerant city in Indonesia: human rights group
- Minister gives taxpayers another chance to declare hidden wealth
- Pertamina says fuel prices need to be increased