‘Excessive’ security measures in Papua blamed for rising violence
The Jakarta Post
Human rights defenders and analysts have again raised their concerns over what they see as “excessive security measures “ in the restive province of Papua following two recent incidents in Abepura and Timika that reportedly led to at least nine deaths.
The National Commission on Human Rights (Komnas HAM) on Friday questioned the involvement of the military in securing the Third Papuan P...
- Chris Hemsworth is done with being Thor ‘contractually’ after fourth movie
- Indonesia to auction 43 oil and gas blocks by March
- Australian Open: Tantrums, trolls and temperature tumbles
- Prime Mum-ister: New Zealand PM says she's having a baby
- Here's what Celine Dion's Diamond ticket will give you
- House to set up team to monitor rice import policy
- 9 TED Talks to help you through your quarter-life crisis
- Booby-trapped messaging apps used for spying: researchers
- Indonesia, Bangladesh kick off pre-trade talks
- Government to slash subsidy for railway pioneer routes