‘Excessive’ security measures in Papua blamed for rising violence
The Jakarta Post
Human rights defenders and analysts have again raised their concerns over what they see as “excessive security measures “ in the restive province of Papua following two recent incidents in Abepura and Timika that reportedly led to at least nine deaths.
The National Commission on Human Rights (Komnas HAM) on Friday questioned the involvement of the military in securing the Third Papuan P...
- EDITORIAL: Politics in Pertamina shakeup
- Setya Novanto e-ID graft case timeline
- Danareksa eyes Rp 500 billion AUM from new ETF product
- Education ministry cancels anti-LGBT event
- Don't panic, minister says as rupiah weakens
- Man dies of exhaustion on South Jakarta road
- Maria Simorangkir crowned Indonesian Idol 2018
- Chiang Mai woman’s tattoo is ‘practical magic’
- Rp 1 trillion invested through Bareksa digital investment portal
- Big secrets, bumper box-office for 'Avengers: Infinity War'