Endah Laras: From ‘keroncong’ to film
Ganug Nugroho Adi
JP/Ganug Nugroho AdiEndah Laras is a vocalist of Portuguese-tinged Indonesian keroncong pop music, multi-genre Javanese campursari music, and is also a pesinden (traditional singer). Well-versed in all three forms, she is also a proficient at the guitar, ukulele, piano and gamelan as well as being a trained classical Javanese dancer.Born into a family of artists, Endah started with traditional art...
- Taipei guide: Four places where fireflies light up the night sky
- Duterte says he can be 50 times more brutal than terrorists
- Six Singaporean military personnel deported after Batam raid
- Bali declared world's top destination for 2017
- Norwegian man caught stealing iPhone at Garuda lounge
- Nearing 100-day mark, Trump says milestone not 'meaningful'
- Kanye West, adidas announce launch of newest Yeezy sneakers
- The sad saga of North Korea's ATMs
- French stocks soar to near-decade highs as Macron tops poll
- World Bank, AIIB ink MoU to strengthen cooperation