Search for missing boat passengers ends
Wahyoe Boediwardhana and Indra Harsaputra
The Jakarta Post
After a 10-day search, the Surabaya National Search and Rescue Agency (Basarnas) officially called off its efforts to scour the sea for missing victims of a boat accident involving allegedly illegal immigrants.
The boat carrying more than 200 asylum seekers from the Middle East capsized in Prigi waters off Trenggalek on Dec. 17. They were reportedly heading for Australia.
- Father-son duo arrested over alleged drug dealing
- China vows to protect interests as US eyes trade sanctions
- Wu's fans skip Chinese New Year for NBA All Star celebrity game
- Italy's country doctor making house calls on horseback
- Vatican revives pope's sexual abuse panel
- India, Iran agree to step up efforts to help Afghanistan
- Indonesia mulls ban on maids to Malaysia
- Pakistan child killer handed four death sentences
- East Java targets to vaccinate 10m following diphtheria outbreak
- Adelina’s family demands compensation