Beyond statistics of poverty
Iin P. Handayani
The issue of poverty has recently been brought to the public’s attention. In addition, the UN’s International Fund for Agricultural Development has warned that with the earth’s population set to reach nine billion by 2050, there is a real threat of massive food shortages and poverty in developing countries.
The picture of Indonesian development reveals many families are not benefitin...
- Jokowi wears traditional attire during annual state of the nation address
- Singapore to supply LNG for Indonesia's power plants: Luhut
- Jakarta to build 80 kilometers of sidewalks this year
- Indonesians 'quite happy', according to BPS happiness index
- Voter turnout will drop if House insists on bigger budget: Expert
- Unmarried Indonesians happier than those who have tied the knot
- Facebook opens Indonesia’s office
- Contract to be extended to 2041 as Freeport agrees to divest 51% shares
- Railway operator welcomes first airport train
- HBO exec clears up stance on planned ‘Game of Thrones’ spin-offs