Beyond statistics of poverty
Iin P. Handayani
The issue of poverty has recently been brought to the public’s attention. In addition, the UN’s International Fund for Agricultural Development has warned that with the earth’s population set to reach nine billion by 2050, there is a real threat of massive food shortages and poverty in developing countries.
The picture of Indonesian development reveals many families are not benefitin...
- Jokowi accused of promoting secularism
- Human or not? Mysterious figure caught on camera in Aceh sparks internet frenzy
- Indonesia to be world's 4th largest economy by 2045: Jokowi
- Indonesia lodges complaint with WTO over US biodiesel anti-dumping duties
- Tax office to scrutinize rich Indonesians not taking part in tax amnesty
- Japan selected as partner for Jakarta-Surabaya railway project
- Ngurah Rai International Airport to halt operations for 24 hours to observe Day of Silence
- Nokia Android phones targeted for global release
- Don’t be afraid to start businesses, Jokowi tells youth
- Non-subsidized electricity prices won’t increase