Good corporate governance pays off for Indonesia
Stock market performance may have been disastrous round the globe last year, but Indonesia was a happy exception. And if its Jakarta Stock Exchange FTSE Index recorded only 4.9 percent growth, such gains were an enormous advance compared with the 10 percent decline of the Global Index and the 18 percent slide recorded by the Asia Pacific Index.
Partly to blame here was the EU sovereign deb...
- Kim becomes first North Korean leader to cross border into South since war
- Headscarved students banned from performing 'gambyong' dance
- Indonesia's digital policy lacking focus
- House ratifies protocol on financial services in ASEAN region
- Number of rejected Schengen visa applications for Indonesia increases
- Bank Indonesia open to rate rises
- Human rights at risk for ASEAN citizens
- Anger as Fiji tourism ad swaps 'church' for 'toilet'
- ‘Stranger Things’ coming to Universal Studios Singapore
- Ship's captain named suspect in Balikpapan oil spill