Good corporate governance pays off for Indonesia
Stock market performance may have been disastrous round the globe last year, but Indonesia was a happy exception. And if its Jakarta Stock Exchange FTSE Index recorded only 4.9 percent growth, such gains were an enormous advance compared with the 10 percent decline of the Global Index and the 18 percent slide recorded by the Asia Pacific Index.
Partly to blame here was the EU sovereign deb...
- Obama, entourage arrive in Yogyakarta
- Soekarno-Hatta expects 5m airline passengers over Idul Fitri
- Sandiaga Uno to establish sharia tourism zone in Jakarta
- Government to flood market with frozen buffalo meat
- Myanmar journalists charged, held in jail for covering armed group
- 152 sent home after undergoing deradicalization program
- Dead woman found near elephant cage at Ragunan Zoo
- Ragunan Zoo to monitor animals for stress
- XL Axiata records 218% increase in data services
- Monas packed by Idul Fitri holidaymakers