No love shown to the FPI
Bagus BT Saragih
The Jakarta Post
A group uniting under the banner of “Indonesia-without-the-FPI” staged a rally around the Hotel Indonesia traffic circle on Tuesday afternoon, demanding the government disband the hard-line group Islam Defenders Front (FPI).Traffic was held up in all directions for more than an hour, as 250 police officers protecting the protest had trouble with crowd control.
“We do not represent any...
- EDITORIAL: Strangers of the same race
- No deal yet on Freeport’s 51% share divestment: Luhut
- Model urges Kendari mayor to apologize for defaming her
- Airport train to start operating in November
- Escaped Malaysian prisoner believed to be in home country: Bali Police
- LNG import is a cheaper option: Luhut
- Court orders First Travel to repay customers
- Indonesia projected to produce only 55,000 tons of salt this month
- Jember airport development kicks off
- Solo dining, karaoke strike chord among solitary Japanese consumers