No love shown to the FPI
Bagus BT Saragih
The Jakarta Post
A group uniting under the banner of “Indonesia-without-the-FPI” staged a rally around the Hotel Indonesia traffic circle on Tuesday afternoon, demanding the government disband the hard-line group Islam Defenders Front (FPI).Traffic was held up in all directions for more than an hour, as 250 police officers protecting the protest had trouble with crowd control.
“We do not represent any...
- Let them eat quinoa: Malaysian PM mocked for being out of touch
- Booking.com reveals most affordable months to travel
- Two injured in Louisiana university shooting
- Turkey navy 'threatens force' against Italy drillship: Cyprus
- BREAKING: PDI-P officially endorses Jokowi for 2019 presidential election
- Katy Perry: Her vibes on Jakarta's energy
- Anies remains tight-lipped after being reported to police
- Modi talks tough on separatists after meeting Trudeau
- Study to challenge claim Indonesia second-biggest marine polluter
- Dangdut legend Elvi Sukaesih set to receive police summons for her children’s alleged drug abuse