No love shown to the FPI
Bagus BT Saragih
The Jakarta Post
A group uniting under the banner of “Indonesia-without-the-FPI” staged a rally around the Hotel Indonesia traffic circle on Tuesday afternoon, demanding the government disband the hard-line group Islam Defenders Front (FPI).Traffic was held up in all directions for more than an hour, as 250 police officers protecting the protest had trouble with crowd control.
“We do not represent any...
- Obama arrives in Bali
- Media mogul declared intimidation suspect
- Indonesia's Jangkrik field’s first LNG cargo delivered
- Australia sends spy planes to south Philippines
- Former US president Obama to arrive on Bali this afternoon
- Australian citizen denied entry to Bali due to criminal record
- Property developer sees potential to build office buildings for startups in Bali
- Indonesia's upstream projects proposed for strategic project list
- No extravagant ceremony to welcome Obama: Official
- Online drivers choose to stay in Jakarta to earn more cash