No love shown to the FPI
Bagus BT Saragih
The Jakarta Post
A group uniting under the banner of “Indonesia-without-the-FPI” staged a rally around the Hotel Indonesia traffic circle on Tuesday afternoon, demanding the government disband the hard-line group Islam Defenders Front (FPI).Traffic was held up in all directions for more than an hour, as 250 police officers protecting the protest had trouble with crowd control.
“We do not represent any...
- Using the best of Security Council membership for Palestine-Israel conflict
- Rain puts out forest fire on Mt Lawu
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Tourism's fatal warning
- Indonesia lists 180 missing on doomed ferry, launches underwater search
- Indonesia takes a bite out of food waste one wedding at a time
- 8-meter python slain after swallowing woman in Southeast Sulawesi
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens
- Malaysia's Najib explains why he had so many luxury handbags, lots of cash, jewe...
- We deserve more choices