Cak Diqin: Dreaming of a globalized ‘campursari’
Ganug Nugroho Adi
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM Ganug Nugroho AdiCONTRIBUTOR/SURAKARTABorn Muhammad Sodiqin, the man is better known as Cak Diqin.To lovers of campursari, a blend of gamelan and modern music, Cak Diqin is quite familiar. Most of the over 100 songs he has written are popular and frequently sung at various receptions, public entertainment events and karaoke halls. Campursari is indeed the taste of everyday people. Introduced ...
- Why RCEP is more dangerous than Bilateral Investment Treaties
- Ahok donates Rp 200 million for dancing fountain renovation
- Cut! Regulators at odds with censors
- Dutch national arrested over alleged hashish possession
- Redenomination not in near future: Jokowi
- Transjakarta driver steals bus: Police
- SBY welcomes Prabowo to meeting with 'nasi goreng'
- Celebrities lash out at Trump’s decision to ban transgenders from military service
- Finish your antibiotics course? Maybe not, experts say
- City to repair sidewalks with leftover budget from Semanggi project