City to embrace newcomers as legal residents
Andreas D. Arditya
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta administration is expecting population to spike as the city gets ready to register migrants as legal residents, following an instruction by the Home Ministry.
City Population and Civil Registration Agency chief Purba Hutapea said on Wednesday that the ministry had issued an instruction to register Indonesians who have lived in Jakarta for more than a year as city residents, alth...
- Pork Festival changes name to Imlek Culinary Festival following protests
- Kim Tae-hee chooses custom-made dress over branded designs
- Indonesian policymakers prepare for US transition
- China overtakes Indonesia as Singapore's top market for tourists
- SHORT STORY: Love as sweet as poison
- Indonesia to revise 20 regulations in next economic stimulus package
- Indonesia to fight against forest fires starting early this year
- World's primates facing extinction crisis, new report says
- AGO stops investigation into Grand Indonesia's alleged state losses
- Indonesians love of Mecca boosts lucrative ‘umrah’ business