Solo gets into spirit of building its brand
Sudibyo M. Wiradji
The Jakarta Post
For many years, Surakarta was regarded as a city steeped in history and heritage, but still a minor tourist destination in Central Java. It was usually considered a quick side-trip on the way to more touristy neighboring Yogyakarta.
It’s only in recent years that the city commonly known as Solo has undergone rapid and positive changes. Under the leadership of Mayor Joko Widodo, better kn...
- Beware the dangers of pre-cooked meals
- 4 cities in Indonesia where you can travel by foot
- Korean comedy-drama sparks uproar for 'disrespecting Islam'
- Another cargo plane skids off runway in Papua
- WhatsApp adds Picture-in-Picture feature on Android 8.0
- Six ITB students injured by crumbling pillar
- Foreign tourists flocked to Penyengat Island Festival 2017
- Wonderful Indonesia Festival 2017 to grace Manila
- Jember crowned Indonesia's Carnival City
- Danilo completes Man City move