Solo gets into spirit of building its brand
Sudibyo M. Wiradji
The Jakarta Post
For many years, Surakarta was regarded as a city steeped in history and heritage, but still a minor tourist destination in Central Java. It was usually considered a quick side-trip on the way to more touristy neighboring Yogyakarta.
It’s only in recent years that the city commonly known as Solo has undergone rapid and positive changes. Under the leadership of Mayor Joko Widodo, better kn...
- Rain puts out forest fire on Mt Lawu
- Using the best of Security Council membership for Palestine-Israel conflict
- Malaysia's Najib explains why he had so many luxury handbags, lots of cash, jewe...
- UK visa requirements relaxed for Indonesian students
- We deserve more choices
- Number missing in Indonesia ferry disaster jumps again to 192: official
- Handgun found in bin at Soekarno-Hatta airport
- US centers force migrant children to take drugs -lawsuit
- Wiji Thukul's daughter heals tragedy with poetry
- Traveler forgets father at rest stop upon return from Lebaran holiday